Anthony Bennett was sentenced Monday to 2-5 years in the Nebraska penitentiary for attempted terroristic threats.

Bennett was initially charged with several weapons crimes, as well as terroristic threats shortly after he showed up at the hospital the night of Dec. 9 with a gunshot wound to his abdomen.

The weapons charges were dropped in a plea agreement with prosecutors.

Lincoln County District Judge Richard Birch handed down the sentence. He gave Bennett credit for 250 days he’s served in jail since he was arrested.

According to court affidavits, Bennett threatened Isaac R. Brown, showing up at Brown’s mobile home with two handguns. Brown got ahold of one of the guns and shot Bennett the abdomen.

Bennett underwent emergency surgery that night and remained in the hospital for four days, according to court records.

Both Bennet and Brown were arrested. Brown has been convicted of first-degree assault. His sentencing is scheduled on Sept. 23.

According to court records, the shooting reportedly took place at a trailer court at 4005 West 14th, just outside the city limits.

Lincoln County Sheriff Jerome Kramer said that the two men were suspected drug dealers, and the shooting apparently was part of the fallout from a twisted deal that also involved Brown’s wife. The men had been arguing through Facebook messenger, according to an investigator’s affidavit filed with the court.

According to the affidavit, Bennett brought two guns to the trailer court and confronted Brown in Brown’s driveway, holding one of the guns in his hand with another gun tucked in his waistband.

Brown is said to have pulled the gun out of Bennett’s waistband and fired it twice. One shot hit Bennett and the other reportedly hit Brown’s vehicle, where two of Brown’s children were seated. The children were not physically injured.

Bennett returned to his car, the affidavit says. He hid one of the guns in the hatchback of the car, then drove to the hospital.

Brown kept the other gun and reportedly tossed it in a canal east of the county fairgrounds, where divers later recovered it, according to court documents.

Investigators found a 9 mm handgun in the back of Bennett’s car. The gun was reported stolen earlier that day by Bennett’s roommate in Hershey, according to the investigator’s affidavit.

Isaac Brown’s wife Natasha was later arrested and charged with child abuse. Her children were also removed from the home, after hair follicle tests confirmed the presence of meth.

According to the court affidavit, deputies searched the mobile home and found it filthy, containing dog feces and numerous items of drug paraphernalia.

Brown, 35, was charged with first-degree assault and tampering with physical evidence. The tampering charge was dismissed later in a plea bargain.

Bennett, 42, was initially charged with possession of a stolen firearm, use of a weapon, possession of a deadly weapon by a felon and making terroristic threats.

Although the charges were reduced and dismissed, Bennett is on his way to prison. It will be his second term behind penitentiary bars. He served a year for assault and possession of a deadly weapon by a felon in 2015-16.