To learn how to apply for Nebraska Tourism grants, you’ll need to apply by Wednesday, Nov. 15.
The state tourism commission offers grants to businesses and organizations to promote events, destinations, the community or region to travelers.
Grants are available to for-profit and non-profit organizations.
The North Platte / Lincoln County Visitors Bureau will host a grant writing workshop from noon-1 p.m. on Friday, Nov. 17 to help organizations prepare applications.
The training will be at the Visitors Bureau, 101 Halligan Dr. in North Platte.
Because space is limited, reservations are required. Please RSVP by Wednesday, Nov. 15 to Muriel Clark at the Visitors Bureau at 308-221-6862 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The visitors Bureau staff will help applicants complete a cover page, budget worksheet, and answer the required questions:
- What you are promoting?
- How will your community, event, destination or region be marketed?
- What audience are you trying to attract? Is this a new target market?
- What is your overall marketing plan for the project?
- Who is involved — outline local and regional support for the project.
- What goals do you have for bringing tourism dollars to the area?
The grant guidelines and application can be found online at VisitNebraska.com/media/industry/category/grants.
Lunch will be provided.