Applicants are wanted for board of director positions on the Golden Spike Tower that will become vacant soon.
The vacancies are full voting Board of Directors positions, Executive Director Kirsten Parker said.
The board is a mixture of individuals living in town and out of town, with an additional member from outside the North Platte city limits.
Members shall be appointed by the current board, with candidates recommended by a nominating committee.
The following excerpts from the bylaws will be of interest to prospective candidates, Parker said:
- Each member shall serve a term of 1-3 years.
- Unexcused absences from three regularly scheduled meetings in one fiscal year will be cause to recommend removal from the board.
- Members shall receive no compensation for services except reimbursement for necessary expenses.
- The Board meets once a month at a place and time agreed upon by the membership. Meetings are currently held at 8 a.m. on the third Friday of the month at the Golden Spike Tower.
- Special meetings may be called by the board president or two directors, with a minimum of 3 days notice.
- No less than one-half of the directors shall constitute a quorum for the transaction of business at any board meeting.
- The officers of the board shall be elected by the directors. Officers shall consist of a president, secretary and treasurer. The elections are held during the annual meeting in June.
- This organization is an equal opportunity provider and employer.
To be considered for the Golden Spike Tower board of directors, an application must be completed. All applications will be reviewed and interviewed by the nominating committee and current board.
For consideration, the application and any attachments must be received by close of business on March 1. Applications can be found at the website, www.GoldenSpikeTower.com or at the tower during normal business hours
Applications may be dropped off or mailed to the following address: Golden Spike Tower, Nominating Committee, 1249 N Homestead Road, North Platte, NE 69101
For more information about the board vacancy, contact Parker at [email protected] or (308) 532-9920.