The competition is open for the Platte River Rockabilly Pinup Girl during the Platte River Cruise on Saturday, July 13 at the Platte River Mall.
Organizers are looking for a Pin Up that exemplifies what it means to be a great Pin Up in today’s world. The contest is all about curves, quirk, confidence and community.
This is not a contest based solely on popularity or cosmetic appeal, but one that includes inner beauty as well, organizers say.
No singing and dancing are required, just good ole’ classic glamour of the 40s, 50s, and 60s.
The contest will be held at 11 a.m. on Saturday, July 13 at the Platte River Mall. Contestants are encouraged to pre-register online at platteriverrockabillypinup.eventbrite.com or pick up a form at the Platte River Mall office. Registration will also be available the morning of the event.
The registration fee is $10 per contestant. Contestants must arrive between 10-10:30 a.m. and be dressed and ready to go on-stage.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Contestants must wear a 1940’s, 1950’s or 1960’s Classic Glamour Pin-up outfit. Dresses, circle and pencil skirts, wiggle dresses, blouses, capris, high-waisted shorts, and vintage style swimwear. No exposed belly buttons, no nudity, no flashing, no pasties, no lingerie outfits, no bikinis/thongs and no Halloween style costumes. Swim wear must be vintage-styled. Military style outfits are welcome. If you are unsure if what you want to wear fits these rules, just ask or send us a photo. This is a family event, so please be modest. Tattoos are welcome.
If your outfit is not appropriate for the theme, officials will ask you to change or you will be automatically disqualified. Every effort should be made to be classic in style and in good taste.
- You are in charge of your own hairstyles, Makeup and shoes (no acrylics or similar styles) are allowed, and you must follow the same Classic Glamour Styling.
- You can pre-register online at Eventbrite.com or stop into the Platte River Mall to get your entry form. We will also take registrations the day of the event. Fee is $10 per contestant.
No Registration = no entry; no show = no refund!
- You will be asked to sign a waiver agreeing us to use the contest photos for marketing purposes.
- Contestants must arrive between 10-10:30 a.m. at the Platte River Mall, dressed and ready, to receive entry number and last-minute instructions. Contest begins promptly at 11 a.m. on the stage in center court.
Any unladylike behavior will not be tolerated. No provocative dancing, flashing, use of profanity, intoxication or any other unladylike behavior. Said behavior will result in immediate disqualification.
- Each contestant will be announced numerically and enter the stage. The contestant will announce her stage name and say something about herself.
- Judging will be based on
- Appearance and Authenticity of a Pin Up, b. Personality, and
- Crowd reaction, so bring your friends and family to cheer you on.
Online registration ends at 10 p.m. Friday, July 12.
For more information, contact Chelby Bassett (308) 660-9980 or Samantha Geisler (308) 539-4344.