The 4S Goat Expo and the Nebraska Sheep and Goat Producers annual meeting and seminar has combined into a small ruminant educational program Sept. 24-25 at the Lincoln County Fairgrounds in North Platte.
Activities include seminars on:
• Productive Profitable Goat Management,
• Goat Nutrition and Management,
• Sheep Production and Management,
• Selection for Wool in a Sheep Breeding Program,
• Herd Health for Sheep Producers and many other topics.
Hands on activities include:
• Famacha Training,
• Sheep Health Assessment,
• Hall of Sheep Breeds,
• Certified Boer Goat Show,
• 4S Goat Show and Sale.
Speakers include Rob Zelinsky, a Small Ruminant Nutritionist with Hubbard Feed; Sue Hobby of Boers by Hobby Goat Farm and Randy Saner, Nebraska Extension Educator as well as others.
For mor information or to sign-up, contact Saner at 308-532-2683 or Melissa Nicholson at (308) 386-8378. You may also visit https://go.unl.edu/sheepandgoatevents
© 2022 The North Platte Bulletin. All rights reserved.