It is time to clean out your basements of unwanted electronic items.
Keep North Platte and Lincoln County Beautiful in partnership with the Nebraska Recycling Council and Nebraska Environmental Trust are holding a one-day-only electronics recycling event at the Platte River Mall from 8 a.m.-noon on Saturday, Oct. 17.
This is the first amnesty event that has taken large bulky televisions for free.
Some of the electronic items that will be accepted at no charge are:
• 2 televisions per household ($25 fee for each television after 2),
• small appliances (no microwaves),
• cellular phones,
• computers, laptops and tablets,
• computer accessories (keyboards/mice),
• audio/visual eEquipment (DVD/VHS/CD players, speakers, cameras),
• network equipment (routers, modems, switches, servers).
Items that will NOT be accepted include large appliances (freezers, washers, dryers, refrigerated appliances), microwaves, light bulbs, medical equipment, alkaline batteries, freon-bearing devices, scrap containing asbestos, or machinery containing oil or gas.
This will be a drive-thru event.
A semi-truck will be parked in the mall parking lot beginning at 8 a.m.
The times for the event may have to be adjusted if the capacity is reached.
Out of caution and care for all community members, we are asking residents to follow the guidelines below:
- Materials to be recycled must be in the hatchback area or trunk of the vehicle.
- Remain in the vehicle with windows up and staff will unload for you.
- Masks are strongly encouraged. Please do your part to keep event staff and volunteers safe.
- Please be patient with staff and volunteers as the line may move slower than normal to unload vehicles and assure appropriate spacing. Stay in your vehicle at all times.
For more information on this event you can visit www.recycleyouroldtv.org or call 308-534-8100.