A rundown of entertainment in North Platte & Lincoln County.Movies at the AMC Classic North Platte 6 (Platte River Mall) – “Kidnap” “Annabelle Creation” “Dunkirk” “Dark Tower” “The Emoji Movie” “Detroit” ”Nut Job 2” Schedule subject to change, see www.amctheatres.com.
• Stapleton - Logan Co. Fair & Rodeo, thru Aug. 20.Competions & family fun. Dance on Aug. 18, Duke Lee Band, $5 per person $7 couple.
• Prairie Arts Center (416 S. Jeffers) - Bridges Sesquicentennial Photo Winners, traveling photo exhibit linked to history, generations and cultures. Presented by Hildegard Center, Aug. – Sept. 22, open 11 a.m.–4 p.m. Tues.-Sat.
• NP Art & Gift Gallery (516 N. Dewey) – Art displays by members. The Abstract Experimentation art show opens Aug. 9. Hours: 11 a.m.–5 p.m. Tues.-Sat.
• Cody Park concessions & rides (1601 N. Jeffers) - 11 a.m.–10 p.m. daily.
• Buffalo Bill Ranch State Historical Park — Guided tours, Saturdays and Sundays from 9–5 of house, barn and grounds. Call (308) 535-8035 to make arrangements.
Thursday, Aug. 17
• Platte River Mall (1000 S. Dewey) - Farmer’s Market, front parking lot 3-6 p.m.
Friday, Aug. 18
• Village of Maxwell - Maxwell Heritage Days begins at 6 p.m. Bratwurst feed, car show. Live music by Ray Mullen, Kim Baxter and the Flatrock Irregulars. Proceeds benefit the veterans memorial near the south edge of the village. Tours of the new school, too.
• Espresso Shop (Fifth and Dewey downtown) – Tami Gosnell, Simple Story & Blue Swing. 7-10 p.m. $5/person suggested donation at the door.
• Kelsey’s Place (219 W. Rodeo Rd) – Karaoke 7 p.m.
• UnReel Events (4684 W Rodeo Rd) – 3 Nights of live music, Starting with Randall Zwarte, 8:30 p.m. Tickets $12 per night or $30 for all 3 nights Aug.18-20.
Saturday, Aug. 19
• Platte River Mall (1000 S. Dewey) - Farmer’s Market, front parking lot. 7:30 a.m.–12:30 p.m.
• Village of Maxwell - Maxwell Heritage Days, parade at 10:30 a.m. Taco feed at First Baptist Church. Kids games at the park, youth volleyball tourament, pulled pork BB followed by Demolition Derby and Brodeo.
• Lincoln County Historical Museum (2403 N. Buffalo Bill Rd) – End of Summer Celebration & Baseball Tournament: North Platte Buffaloes vs. Colorado Territorial All-Stars. First game 10 a.m. second game TBA. Family fun & concessions. 10-6 p.m.
• Downtown (500 N. Dewey) - Music on the Bricks, 6-midnight. – Acoustic & rock, Jareb Liewer, The WonderCult, Simple Story, Tami Gosnell & band. Children’s games, arts, crafts, food, craft beer by Pals. $5.
• Prairie Arts Center (416 N. Jeffers St)- Job, Peter & Chuck concert, classic 70s music. $15 ticket includes refreshments & snacks. Experience the Bridges exhibit, 7 – 10 p.m.
• Prairie Arts Center (416 N Jeffers St) - Kids Art & the Eclipse Story - Kids paint the eclipse, listen to a short story on Native Americans & mythological stories on the eclipse - $25 drinks & snacks included. 10 am- Noon
• UnReel Events (4684 W Rodeo Rd) - Brett Allen & the CRB Band from McCook, 8 pm $12.
Sunday, Aug. 20
• Village of Maxwell - Maxwell Heritage Days continues. Kids games at the park, pie and ice cream at 1:30 p.m.
• Buffalo Bill Ranch (2921 Scouts Rest Ranch Rd) - Jog with Santa 5K Pickup & registration 7 a.m. Prizes for the best dressed. Please have the waiver signed or be available to sign it on that day. Please have an ID available for packet pickup.
• Prairie Arts Center (416 N Jeffers St) – Eclipse: The Art & Science by eclipse chaser Derryl Barr.1:30 p.m.
• Community of Tryon - Tryon Eclipse Experience, 2 days. Tryon has scheduled activities celebrating ranching history & culture of the Nebraska Sandhills & the Eclipse.
• UnReel Events (4684 W Rodeo Rd) - Innocent Mischief from North Platte opens for ZZ-3 at 8 pm, Tickets $12.
Monday, Aug. 21
• Pals Brewing Company (4520 S Buffalo) - Pals Eclipse Viewing Party, wide range of events 8 a.m.- closing. Tickets $20 adults, $10 kids ages 3-11, under 3 free. (Extra fee for cornhole tournament & commemorative glass.)
• Throughout the Platte River Valley & Sandhills - Great American Eclipse. Local communities in the path of totality include North Platte, Sutherland; Hershey, & Brady, with the longest duration of totality being Tryon & Stapleton. These are the best places to be for the eclipse.
• Community of Tryon - Tryon Eclipse Experience, 2 days. Tryon has scheduled activities celebrating ranching history & culture of the Nebraska Sandhills & the Eclipse
• Buffalo Bill Ranch (2921 Scouts Rest Ranch Rd) - Solar Eclipse Scavenger Hunt throughout the Buffalo Bill Ranch State Historical Park 9-5 p.m. Prizes.
• Feather River Vineyard (5700 SE State Farm Rd) - Feather River Vineyard Solar, Sip and See, Free Eclipse Glasses while supplies last. Lunch & a glass of wine $12.. Outdoor table seating is limited, call to reserve a table. 308 696-0078. 11– 1 p.m.
• Downtown Hershey - Hershey Eclipse Block Party sponsored by the downtown merchants 11:30-2:30 p.m. Eclipse glasses will be available.