A rundown of entertainment in North Platte & Lincoln County.Movies at the AMC Classic North Platte 6 (Platte River Mall) – “The Fate of the Furious” “Unforgettable” “The Boss Baby” “Beauty & the Beast” “Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2” “The Circle” Schedule subject to change, see www.amctheatres.com
• Prairie Arts Center (416 S Jeffers St.) - Art of Quilts Show, May 2-31. Gallery is open 11 a.m.–4 p.m. Tues.-Sat.
• NP Art & Gift Gallery (516 N. Dewey) - Nature and Wildlife Photo show May 10-30. Gallery is open from 11 a.m.–5 p.m. Tues.-Sat.
• The Lincoln County Historical Museum is now open for the summer season. Mon.-Sat. 9 a.m.-5 p.m. & 1-5 p.m.
• Cody Park Concessions & rides (1601 N Jeffers St) - 11 a.m.–10 p.m. daily.
Friday, May 5
• North Platte High School (1000 W. 2 St.) - The U.S. Navy Band Sea Chanters, live music, no charge. 7 p.m.
• North Platte Public Library (120 W. 4th St) - the story of David Christy Butler, Nebraska's First Governor, 1867-1871, presented by historian Jim Griffin, noon–2 p.m.
• McDonald-Belton Theater (601 W State Farm Rd) - Community college end of year music concert/art show 7–9 p.m.
• Pals Brewing Company (4520 S. Buffalo Bill Ave) - Pals Cinco De Mayo celebration, music by Vince & DJ Sanchez 4:30–5:30 p.m.
Saturday, May 6
• Women's Resource Center (316 E Front St) - Discover Hope. Walk for Life, a family friendly event, free but it is a fundraiser. 9:30 a.m.–12:30 p.m.
• Mid-Plains Community College (601 W. State Farm Rd) - Color North Platte fun run. Music & fun, Entry - $20. Call 308-650-0922 or 308-539-6323.
• Lincoln County Raceway (5105 West Highway 30) -- Stockcar racing, gates open 4 p.m. Hot Laps 5:30 p.m. Race 6:30 p.m. $10. Kids 6-12 $5. Age 5 & under free. Pit-pass $25.
Tuesday, May 9
• North Platte Community Playhouse (301 E. 5th St) - Town Hall Lecture - B. Gentry Lee, "Vision of the 21st Century". Chief engineer of all robotic planetary missions managed by JPL for NASA. 10:30–11:30 a.m.
Wednesday, May 10
• 21 Dance Club, Senior Center (900 E. 10th) – Lou Krause, 7-9:30 p.m. Open to public. Bring finger food, $5.'
• VFW (2100 E 4th) - Bingo 6:45 p.m.
• Prairie Arts Center (416 N Jeffers St) - Create a Canvas - Feathers and Arrows, Create a picture of feathers & arrows with watercolors & watercolor pencils. $40 or $35 members. 6 – 8 p.m.
Thursday, May 11
• North Platte Area Children's Museum (314 N Jeffers) Daddy and Me DIY Class, Create a gift for Mom for Mother’s Day. 4-6 p.m. Admission $5 per child/$2 for members, Adults and children under 2 are free. Sign up by May 10.
Friday, May 12
• Prairie Arts Center (416 N Jeffers St) - Herb Market, purchase plants, flowers, art, handmade garden decor, food, drink & raffle tickets; $2 each / 3 for $5. 9-3 p.m.
• Espresso Shop (near Fifth and Dewey downtown) – Open Mic Nite. Freewill donation. Refreshments on sale. 7-9:30 p.m.
Saturday, May 13
• Prairie Arts Center (416 N Jeffers St) - Herb Market, purchase herb plants, flowers, local art, handmade garden decor, food, drink & raffle tickets; $2 each or 3 for $5. 9-3 p.m.
• Whitetail Cycle Sport, 507 N Jeffers St) - North Platte Bike Rodeo - Bike Rodeo for elementary aged youth. Bring a helmet and bike. First 50 kids received a free t-shirt. Alco parking lots. 11:30 a.m.
To list an event with us, post a talkback or call 308-696-0052. Thanks and have fun!