Artworks will be auctioned this year at the annual North Platte Public School Foundation banquet, and artists are invited to submit their work.“We are challenging your creativity by asking you to make something that encompasses North Platte School Spirit,” Foundation Executive Director Jody Howard said. “Blue and Gold, Bulldog, North Platte Schools… think outside the box.”
Submissions should be functional enough to display in the home, office, school building or amongst landscape, Howard said. All styles and any medium are welcome -- paint, metal, photography, pottery, etc.
“Our goal is for you to have fun, create a one of a kind masterpiece, or refurbish and rejuvenate something old into something wonderful and exciting, while benefitting the North Platte Public Schools Foundation and promoting school spirit,” Howard said.
The artworks will be displayed at the McKinley Education Center from March 15-April 6, and then auctioned at the annual Education After Hours banquet when distinguished alumni are honored.
The banquet is a celebration of educators and alumni. It is set for Friday, April 7.
The pieces will be displayed in local schools and businesses throughout North Platte.
The proceeds will help support year-round programs, including the “Prepared to Learn” programs that directly support students.
The artists will receive:
• A full-color catalog that includes an image of the donated art, along with information about each artist. The catalog is given to each guest at the event.
• Artwork on display at the McKinley Education Center, plus media exposure, including print and TV.
• The art showcase will be treated as an art show and there will be prizes, including a cash prize for Best of Show.
• Special invitation to a pre-show at the McKinley Education center before the auction to view all the pieces.
The art work must be submitted no later than 5 p.m. on March 15.
Howard said the donated art work becomes the property of the North Platte Public School Foundation, but artwork that is not auctioned off will be offered back to the artist.
The foundation reserves the right to limit the amount of pieces that are entered and/or auctioned off.
• All works on paper, including photography, must be framed and under glass.
• All paintings on canvas board must by framed (no glass necessary).
• All entries must be ready to hang
• Photography printed on canvas is considered framed and ready to hang.
If you would like to commit to an art donation to the Education After Hours School Spirit Art Showcase Fundraiser 2017, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the information below and/or submit the attachments. Please include the following:
• Full name
• Phone number
• Mailing address
• Type of artwork and media
• Contact information that you want in the catalog