The North Platte Public Schools Foundation in conjunction with North Platte Public schools is excited to announce that Mackenzie Carstens has been recognized as the first “Bulldog” staff member of the month.Carsten is a fifth-grade teacher at Cody Elementary. She was nominated by principal Kim Flanders.
Flanders said not only is Carsten well loved by students, she is well respected by her colleagues and sought out for advice and support.
“She is willing to do whatever it takes to make students successful and she does it with heart. Mrs. Carstens exemplifies the excellence of an educator who gives so much to the success of our school, and I am so proud to nominate her to be recognized as Teacher of the month,” Flanders said.
The North Platte Public Schools and North Platte Public Schools foundation developed the recognition promotion to provide incentives for deserving teachers and support staff. The program aims to recognize outstanding teachers and support staff for their contributions.
Teachers are rewarded with a gift basket, balloons and a gift card to the Bulldog store at NPHS. Two staff members will be honored each month until May.
The North Platte Public Schools Foundation is helping the program and takes nominations from principals and other administrators.
Staff members will be honored through the school year and recognized at “Education After Hours” get-together on April 7, where they will also be entered in a grand prize drawing.
To be eligible for a teacher/staff of the month award, a school staff member must demonstrate the following:
B: Beyond “Just an Employee”
• Assists with projects beyond their job descriptions
• Insures all reports and paperwork is turned in on time
• Volunteers time outside of the classroom (School Projects and/or Community Projects)
I: Inspiration and Initiative to do more than “Just a Job”
• Promotes and creates an engaging environment for all
• Thinks beyond the classroom, and inspires the students, parents, fellow staff and school
• Seeks out new learning opportunities for themselves and others
G: Growth mindset and Genuine care and concern
• Seeks new challenges and/or assists in overcoming challenges facing them
• Takes time and makes a genuine effort to insure students, parents and staff feel part of Something Big!