North Platte Fire Chief Dennis Thompson and district court reporter Muffy Morris will team up for the second annual Dancing with the Stars contest and fundraiser March 25 at the North Platte High Performing Arts Theater.Thompson and Morris are one of six teams for the fundraiser, which began a year ago to raise money for a scholarship fund for a graduating NPHS senior. NPHS football coach Bernie Madison and community organizer Jane Wilkinson won the contest, which raised nearly $4,000.
This year’s contestants also include attorney Kim Seacrest, the owner of Sip and Skyline Liquor, who will team with Scott Erickson of Weathercraft roofing.
The full list of contestants:
• Davy Perry (Maple Park Dental Associates) and Sara Wilder (KNOP). Choreographed by NPHS student Morgan Lashley.
• Dennis Thompson (Fire Chief) and Muffy Morris (Court reporter). Choreographed by Debbie Berry of North Platte Surgical Associates.
• Scott Erickson (Weathercraft) and Kim Seacrest (Owner of Sip and Skyline Liquor). Choreographed by Physical Therapist for North Platte Public Schools Danielle Aman.
• Dale Hall (NPHS teacher and head wrestling coach) and Sophia Klein (owner of Beyond Envy Salon). Choreographed by Janna Ryan, the owner of The Stage dance studio.
• Dr. Shawn Murdock (Midlands Family Medicine) and Karen Miller (retired teacher). Choreographed by Sarah Ryan, a dance instructor at The Stage.
• Jerry Ochoa (UPPR) and Danielle Remus (Marketing Director for Nebraskaland Bank). Choreographed by Becky Wagner, the owner of The Dance Factory.
Tickets will be sold by reservation only this year, organizer Danny McMurtry said.
A pre-sale on tickets will be held from 4:30-6:30 p.m. Friday, Feb. 3 at Sip Coffee and Wine bar, B and Dewey. Tickets are $10 apiece.
Tickets will go on sale again on Feb. 23 at Adams Middle School.
At the show March 25, the red carpet walk will start at 6 p.m. and the show begins at 7 p.m., McMurtry said.